Mission of the Miami Beach High School Department of Career and Technical Education (CTE)is to prepare students to enter the business world and successfully participate in a rapidly-changing, culturally-diverse global society by using human and technological resources in the school environment, in the business community, and in the family setting.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The Department of Career and Technical Education at Miami Beach High School serves to further support and enhance the achievement level of all students so that they will be prepared to succeed in a rapidly-changing and culturally-diverse society.
To accomplish our vision, the Career and Technical Education Department will:
- Increase parent and student awareness that CTE programs and career academies are aligned to high-skill, high-wage and high-growth careers
- Increase awareness that CTE is a major part of STEM/STEAM school designations, as well as STEM/STEAM career preparation
- Promote work-based learning, career academies, industry certification, internships, pre-apprenticeships, dual enrollment, entrepreneurship and other opportunities for college and career readiness
- Increase student participation in Career & Technical Education Student Organizations (CTSOs)
What is CTE?
Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs and courses are offered in many Miami-Dade County Public Schools
At the high school level, students ideally commence study of CTE in the ninth grade, which provides them an opportunity to specialize or concentrate their efforts in a particular Career and Technical Career Pathway.
High school students may also study CTE as dually-enrolled students in Miami-Dade Technical Colleges or in university courses.
These CTE Programs are offered here, at Miami Beach Senior High School.
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Early Childhood Education
- Hotel Management
- Intro to IT, FDoE Curriculum
- Office Administration
- Web Design