Welcome, Bienvenidos to the 2022-23 School Year!
My name is Melissa DeLisle and I am honored to be your MBSH PTSA President for a second year. I am the mom of a 2021 Hi-Tide graduate and a soon to be 2023 Hi-Tide graduate. The years at Beach High gs by so quickly and that is why it’s so important to join our PTSA community and get involved however you can! Your contributions at Beach High are especially important as we help prepare our students for their future.
This year, we have an amazing PTSA Board with many new volunteers helping daily. I am so proud of our Board and look forward to us all working together. If you want to join our fun group of parents, we can use your expertise. If you don’t have time, contribute remotely or become a member for $10 and receive our monthly newsletter full of important school information, https://beachhigh.memberhub.com/store. We have a stronger voice in legislative issues as a larger PTSA.
Our PTSA’s advocacy and fundraising efforts has allowed us to provide new technology, improved safety, classroom enhancements, graduation support, clubs’ support, new sports uniforms and equipment, school beautification as well as mental health and most importantly, student support. We work so hard because we want to make a difference in the lives of your children and teachers during these crucial high school years. We are here to listen to concerns and find innovative solutions with our administration. Our PTSA also supports MDCC PTSA’s legislative priorities and keeps parents informed.
MBSH PTSA recent achievements:
- Awarded 2021-23 National PTSA School of Excellence as champions of family school partnerships (2nd year awarded)
- Won the Miami Dade Council PTA’s 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Award (Diversity Newsletter), Family Volunteer Award (The Moore Family) and Safety Award (Richard Hull).
- Elisheva Rogoff, VP Advocacy, recognized as “Outstanding School Volunteer” by MDCPS (21-22)
- Formed new PTSA committees based on evolving school needs: Mental Health and Wellness, Diversity and Intercultural, Special Needs, Community Liaison and Dad Helpers Committee.
Please join our PTSA meetings which are held every 2nd Tuesday of every month. The times rotate monthly from 5:30 pm (Sept) and 7:30 a.m. Meetings will be held in the school auditorium and on zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86104790416?pwd=OUJxKy9FY2ZxeHJScWRITDlYb0JaUT09
I look forward to seeing you at one of our many events this year!
MBSH PTSA President /email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pillar of PTSA Volunteer Award
- Distinguished Unit Volunteer Award
- Spirit of the PTA President Award
- Communication Award Finalist
- Legislative Advocacy Award Finalist
- Program of Impact Award Finalist
- Safety Award Finalist
- Champion of the PTA Community Partner Award City Of MB
Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.