WELCOME TO MBSH SCUBA CLUB!
Welcome to the home of the Miami Beach Senior High School Scuba Club! Our club is a part of the Academy of Marine & Environmental Sciences aiming to expose students to hands-on experiences both land based and underwater using Scuba and apnea training. We build real world connections through hands on research opportunities with local universities while prompting environmental awareness and activism in our local community.
A few of the activities we take part in include:
- Scuba Certifications of various levels
- Coral Restoration
- Shark Tagging
- Seagrass Transplanting
- Coastal Restoration
- Marine Life Surveys
- Guest Speakers from local University Scuba Programs
- Field trips & More!
SCUBA Club’s Certification Courses:
The core courses we work on with students include:
- “Scuba Diver” – Certified to 40ft of water and always under direct professional supervision
- “Open Water” – Certified to 60ft of water
- “Advanced Open Water” – Certified to 100ft of water (can include night dives too!)
We also (as available) provide oppertunies for certifications in First Aid / CPR, Rescue Diver & Free Diving
Certification outside of MBSH can cost you up to $500! Thanks to Mr. Salisbury, his partnership with Tarpoon Lagoon and our generous donors, we’re able to offer our students a heavily discounted, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to, not only become divers but to engage in real-world experiences that may not be available to the average student. Financial aid is available on a need basis and is sorted by our sponsor and the club officers.
Club Dues, Course Prices, and Course Availability vary from year to year.
All questions on club dues go to email@example.com or in person in room 376. Our goal is to make SCUBA an affordable, incredible experience for MBSH students!
If you have any questions or you, or someone you know, would like to become a donor & help enrich the lives of our children, please contact Mr. Salisbury at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person in classroom #376.
What you will need!
Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center
To pay for dives and get discounts on your gear, please call or visit the Dive Center!
Phone Number: +1 (305) 532 1445
Address: 300 Alton Road #110
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
To be able to dive with the club, you will need Scuba quality:
MBSH SCUBA Club Schedule
Scuba Club meets every other Tuesday throughout the school year.
Most of our in water activities occur on Saturdays but we also take part in non diving activities and trips throughout the year.
Please note that the schedule is fluid and is subject to change throughout the year. Members will be notified via in-person meetings, social media (Instagram), and the Remind App of any changes.
SCUBA CLUB OVERVIEW
Welcome to our 1st Meeting!
- Sign up
- Social Media
- Club fee: $15 (comes with club logo sticker!), Club T-Shirt: $15
- Swim Test – TBA
- Certification process & pricing
- Each member should be fair and courteous to their fellow SCUBA divers. Hate speech or bullying will NOT be tolerated.
- Members should participate in events every chance they get.
- No member should put themselves or others in danger. Especially not as a result of misconduct or following directions.
- Members should understand that their academic and conduct grades will be closely watched throughout the year and that there will be consequences if they are unsatisfying.
- All members are subject to suspension and/or expulsion after a probation period if they do not comply with the rules, act civilly, follow directions, keep grades at least at an average level, or if our club supervisor deems it necessary for your removal.
- Members should be honest when filling out information about themselves, as dishonesty may lead to unsafe procedures, and ultimate health or physical problems.
- Members should be respectful to each other and to their superiors. If someone is speaking or giving directions it is imperative that everyone pay attention.